Sunday, September 11, 2011

Homemade Apple Pie

Apple Pie doesn't last long in my house.  I baked this pie using the apples we picked in our yard last weekend.  I added a bit more brown sugar than I usually use as the apples were so tart.  My family unanimously said it was the best tasting pie I ever baked, and I bake them often!  I also agree, it really tasted amazing, with a perfect balance of sweet/tart!


 My apple pie recipe

- a few apples, thinly sliced
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup brown sugar
- drizzle of maple syrup
- juice of half lemon
- about 1 tbsp or so of flour, depending on how many apples I use
- about 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- a few dollops of butter (the secret ingredient!!!)

I bake my pies at 350 for about 45 minutes.

Apologies for the ugly picture... I'm no photographer!!!

2 comments: