Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Knots in my chest

The big 3 week stretch starts now!  We sent off hubby last night, on his way to Asia where the kids and I will meet up with him in 3 weeks!  I'm filled with very mixed emotions... loneliness, stress and anxiety.  He leaves often, so I am used to being alone, but the days are still lonely... so I eat my loneliness away, usually with something chocolaty!  The stress comes with flying solo with the 3 kids, juggling their needs, activities, parent-teacher meetings...  need I say more?  It's only been 1 day and I'm already exhausted.

Then the anxiety!  The thought of traveling across the world alone with the boys and the baby, the 23+ hours of air travel time plus the 12 hour layover in Amsterdam.  I just did the math the other day and realized we are landing in Amsterdam at 2:00am our time!!!  How can this not be a disaster?  Anybody out there with contacts at KLM?  I'm desperately looking for lounge passes or upgrades!  Yes, you guessed it... traveling in coach!  Oh my... there's that knot in my chest again!


On a brighter note, waking up to the snow this morning was beautiful.  Nothing like the first snowfall of the year!  Had to pull out the snow gear from the basement, but the boys were so excited to head outside!  What a beautiful day!  And yes, my snow tires were already installed.  I was very grateful I took care of that last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment