Monday, June 13, 2011

Beginning of the End

Is it Monday again?  Boys are on a school field trip today, it's the beginning of the end.  They finish next week, but from now until then, it's all fun and games!  I need to get cracking on their teachers' gifts!

Yesterday was one of those lazy Sundays, my favorite kind of Sunday!  After a busy and late Saturday with diving lessons and the boys' big year-end piano recital downtown (they made their mama so proud!), I prepared some baby food (which leads to today's fave!) and a beautiful rhubarb and strawberry crisp!  My husband took care of dinner (what a treat!), we ate delicious pasta and shared a beautiful bottle of red.  A beautiful end to the week!


I followed a recipe from allrecipes.com, but added extra rhubarb (from my garden), strawberries and sugar.  Yum!  After baking this crisp, I'm really looking forward to our sweet, delicious and juicy Québec strawberries.  La Saison des Fraises du Québec is right up there in my favorite seasons, next to Le Temps des Sucres!  I think I'll hit the market later to see if I can find some early yummy berries!

Today's fave:  my new Breville hand blender, the Control Grip.  With all the baby purees I've been preparing the last couple of months, I must say that this little machine ROCKS!  The best features are the adjustable speed control and all the accessories it comes with.  My old food processor and blender are now collecting dust... I keep singing 'Baby Come Back' from the Swiffer mop commercials!


No comments:

Post a Comment