Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Les Fraises du Québec

I finally made my way to the market (Marché 440 in Laval) and picked up some gorgeous Québec strawberries!


After eating about half the crate during my drive, I arrived home with stained fingers and decided to whip up some strawberry-banana muffins before the boys arrived from school.  I don't know where this recipe is from as I found it in my handwritten notes, but it's quick and easy, so here's the recipe:

1/2 cup melted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar (but I may add a bit more next time!)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 mashed ripe bananas
1 cup of chopped strawberries
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

Mix sugar, eggs, vanilla and bananas, then add butter.
In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda & powder, cinnamon and salt.  Then fold in and coat the strawberries.  Add the wet ingredients.  Bake 25 minutes at 350°F.

3 comments:

  1. Those strawberries look so good. How come you went all the way to laval for them? Nothing closer west island?

    Those muffins look divine. I think I'll have to try to bake some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My business is in Laval... and I really love the Marché 440, more than the one in DDO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my kids would love these! and the strawberries at the farmers market are looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete