Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Last days of school

What does your dining room table look like these days?  This is mine, it's scary really...
 My dining room has become the left-over school supply central.  Backpacks get emptied here every day after school.  Why do they keep 1 inch pencils and tiny eraser bits?  It's triage time with recycle and garbage pickup in 2 days.  Hopefully it will be gone by then!

I finally sent the boys off to school this morning with a dozen of these fun & cheerful teacher's gifts.  Reusable insulated to-go cups filled with a half-dozen instant tea and lemonade packets and a thank-you note!
Idea from here, and here.

2 comments:

  1. I am sure once my boys are in school they'll leave my dining room table looking like that too. So far, it's just my office which has been my dumping zone since Q was born. Who has time to clean with a baby and 2 toddlers? LOL

    Love the way your cups turn out! Mine look almost similar, except I used the cutouts from the PDF that go on the straw from the original blog I saw it on. I haven't given mine to the teachers yet, since my boys haven't moved classes yet (sometime between now & September 1st they will move to the next class, so that's when I'll give them to the 5 teachers + 1 coordinator I made one for as well).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, the entire house looks like a dumping zone these days! It's too nice outside to stay inside and clean!!!

    ReplyDelete