Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer camp didn't look like this when I was a kid!

This is where my kids will be spending their summer - private yacht club learning to sail.  There's also a pool and lots of green lawn to run around on.  I can tell you my summer camp didn't look like this when I was a kid!  It was a paved school yard and a bus ride to get to the city pool!  If I could start over, this is where I want to go!

Their dad is a big sailor, several world championships and 2 Pan-Am games.  It's a family thing actually!  So it's only natural that he is so adamant about sending his kids to junior squadron all summer.  Each of his 7 nieces and nephews have done it, some even became coaches and are avid sailors today.  My fingers are crossed that the boys will follow in these footsteps!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks like fun!

    Camp when I was a kid was a chalet in DDO with inventive games and a ball that you could turn into any sport. LOL. Oh ya, and lots of arts & crafts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my husband would love this...he is also a big sailor...

    ReplyDelete