Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Québec Delicacies

If there's one thing I really look forward to everyday, it's finding mail and packages!  Yesterday I received this box of yummy goodies!  They are food delicacies from Quebec that I ordered for our upcoming family boat trip.  The Naked Lunch cans are precooked gourmet meals that you simply place in boiling water to warm!  How perfect for a boat trip! 
Here we have smoked meat, Thai soup, French choucroute and some clam chowder from les Îles de la Madeleine (this is the one I look forward to tasting the most!).  I also ordered some organic dried pure garlic flower that I plan on sprinkling on just about anything from pasta, to veggies and rice...  The company I ordered from is Terroirs Quebec, and I received my order within 5 days!

Les Îles de la Madeleine is on my absolutely want to visit list.  I like to believe it will be right up there on my best culinary trips.  So far, nothing has beaten Morocco.  The night food stalls at Jamaa el Fna square in Marrakesh's old city are AMAZING.  Here's a photo from one of the food stalls, summer 2001.  We found out we had our first bun in the oven on this trip!

1 comment: